If you need some advice on looking for work or deciding which jobs are right for you then the Connexions Centre is the place to go.
- Talk to us about the jobs and training available locally
- Use the CV program on the computer in the Connexions Centre and print off copies of your CV
- Ask for a copy of the application form that the Connexions Centre uses and practice filling it in
- Use a computer or the library to find out about different jobs and whether they'll suit you - try using Kudos, you answer some questions about your interests and the program will suggest possible job and career ideas
- You can use Careerscape or e-CLIPs to find out what jobs involve doing, or if you prefer you can take away leaflets on different jobs
- Use cnx2jobs to find out about current vacancies.
Our Advisers will:
- Help you fill in an application form or show you how to write a letter or update your CV
- Contact companies that have suitable vacancies and make appointments for you
- Give you tips on how to prepare for a job interview.
You can use the library in your Connexions Centre too as it has information for you to read or take away.