The Connexions service is provided by Careers Solutions on behalf of the local authority. Connexions works with schools, colleges and other organisations to provide impartial information, advice and support to young people between the ages of 13 and 19, and to 25 for young people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Our aims are to:
- Help young people make the right choices for a successful transition into adult life.
- Identify those young people who may need additional help to overcome personal difficulties and obstacles to learning and progression.
- Maximise the number of young people participating in education, employment and training.
Our staff work closely with:
- Learning providers, including schools, colleges and training providers
- Local and national employers
- National Apprenticeship Service
- Jobcentre Plus
- The Local Authority's Children's and Young Peoples Services teams
- Youth Offending Service/Teams
- Counselling services
- Housing services
- Benefits Agency
- Voluntary agencies.
Connexions provides impartial information, advice and guidance on: